|Tags||No category tags.|
|License||Apache License 2.0|
- Mabel Zhang
- Michael Jeronimo
- Amazon ROS Contributions
Topic Statistics Demo
The demo application in this package demonstrates Topic Statistics feature in ROS 2. The application creates ROS 2 nodes to publish messages to topics, subscribes to the statistics topic and displays the statistics data received.
The demo application in this package
display_topic_statistics creates the following ROS 2 nodes:
1. Talker and Listener nodes to generate message traffic
2. Statistics listener node to display generated statistics
The application requires an argument
message_type - the type of message chatter to generate.
Possible values are
The application also accepts the following optional arguments to configure the Listener node's subscription:
--publish-topic: Topic to which topic statistics are published. Default topic is
--publish-period: Publish period for publication of statistics. Default value is 5s.
Once the application starts, the talker node will publish messages on a topic that the listener node has subscribed to. The listener's subscription will generate topic statistics upon receiving messages. Statistics are published to the statistics topic at a pre-determined frequency. The statistics listener node listens to these statistics and prints them for the user to see.
Changelog for package topic_statistics_demo
- Change index.ros.org -> docs.ros.org. (#496)
- Contributors: Chris Lalancette
- Update logging macros (#476)
- Contributors: Audrow Nash
- Update the package.xml files with the latest Open Robotics maintainers (#466)
- Contributors: Michael Jeronimo
- Create new topic statistics demo package (#454)
- Contributors: Prajakta Gokhale