Package DeprecatedThis package will be removed in ROS Indigo. The nmea_navsat_driver package replaces this package. The nmea_serial_driver node contained in that package should be a dropin replacement for nmea_gps_driver.py .
|Tags||No category tags.|
- Eric Perko
- Eric Perko
- Steven Martin
ROS driver to parse NMEA strings and publish standard ROS GPS message types. Does not require the GPSD daemon to be running.
This package is deprecated and you should use nmea_navsat_driver going forward.
This package has no released Code API.
The ROS API documentation and other information can be found at http://ros.org/wiki/nmea_gps_driver
Change log for nmea_gps_driver package
- Moved all new functionaliaty to nmea_navsat_driver and nmea_msgs packages. nmea_gps_driver will be removed in Indigo.
- Removed incorrect find_package dependencies
- Initial release for Hydro
- Converted to Catkin
- nmea_gps_driver.py is now deprecated and will be removed in I-Turtle. Replacement node is nmea_serial_driver.py .
- Refactored code into NMEA parser, common ROS driver and separate nodes for reading directly from serial or from topic.
- Bugs fixed:
- nmea_gps_driver crashes when a sentence doesn\'t have a checksum * character ( http://kforge.ros.org/gpsdrivers/trac/ticket/4 )
- Add ability for nmea_gps_driver to support reading from string topic ( https://github.com/ros-drivers/nmea_gps_driver/issues/1 ). Use the nmea_topic_driver.py node to get this support.
- Initial version (released into Fuerte)
- Supports GGA or RMC+GSA sentences to generate sensor_msgs/NavSatFix messages