|CI status||No Continuous Integration|
|Package Tags||No category tags.|
Help Wanted (0)
Good First Issues (0)
Pull Requests to Review (0)
New Eagle Raptor DBW (drive-by-wire) ROS interface
This repository contains a collection of ROS packages, which allow DBW kit developers to quickly implement a generic ROS node for interacting with the New Eagle Raptor controller.
The current development branch is
master and targets ROS
For more on New Eagle Raptor controllers see: https://store.neweagle.net/product/1793-196-1503-general-control-module-raptor/
- can_dbc_parser - module for handling everything related to translating CAN messages to ROS
- raptor_dbw_can - DBW CAN driver
- raptor_dbw_joystick_demo - a demo that allows you to use a game controller to interact with the DBW ROS node
- raptor_dbw_joystick_speed_demo - a demo that allows you to use a game controller to interact with the DBW ROS node
- raptor_dbw_msgs - DBW ROS message definitions
- raptor_dbw - ROS metapackage encapsulating the other packages in this group
- pdu - power distribution unit (PDU) driver. The PDU is a separate CAN-enabled device that's part of New Eagle's product line.
- pdu_msg - PDU ROS message definitions
Installing and building
Building from source
While we are working on releasing these packages through the ROS buildfarm, you can build them from source using a catkin workspace and following these steps:
- Create and initialize a new catkin workspace if you don't already have one. Instructions below assume the workspace was created in catkin_ws.
- cd catkin_ws/src
- git clone https://github.com/NewEagleRaptor/pacifica-dbw-ros.git
- cd ..
Running the joystick demo
Prerequisites: * a game controller compatible with the ROS joy driver * a Kvaser CAN adapter
- cd catkin_ws
- source devel/setup.bash
- roslaunch raptor_dbw_joystick_demo joystick_demo.launch