pick_ik is an inverse kinematics (IK) solver compatible with MoveIt 2.
The solver is a reimplementation of
bio_ik, which combines
* A local optimizer which solves inverse kinematics via gradient descent
* A global optimizer based on evolutionary algorithms
pick_ik allows you to specify custom cost functions as discussed in this paper, so you can prioritize additional objectives than simply solving inverse kinematics at a specific frame. For example, you can minimize joint displacement from the initial guess, enforce that joints are close to a particular pose, or even pass custom cost functions to the plugin.
If you are familiar with
bio_ik, the functionality in this package includes:
* Reimplementation of the memetic solver (equivalent to
* Reimplementation of the numeric gradient descent solvers (equivalent to
* Fully configurable number of threads if using the global solver
* Cost functions on joint displacement, joint centering, and avoiding joint limits
To get started using
pick_ik, refer to the following README files: