|ROS1 Noetic (u20.04)||ROS1 Noetic (u20.04)|
|ROS1 Melodic (u18.04)||ROS1 Melodic (u18.04)|
MultiVehicle simulator (libmvsim)
Lightweight, realistic dynamical simulator for 2D ("2.5D") vehicles and robots. It is tailored to analysis of vehicle dynamics, wheel-ground contact forces and accurate simulation of typical robot sensors (e.g. 2D and 3D lidars).
This package includes the C++ library
mvsim, a standalone app and a ROS node.
License: 3-clause BSD License Copyright (C) 2014-2022 Jose Luis Blanco firstname.lastname@example.org (University of Almeria) and collaborators
- Lightweight in memory, CPU and library requirements.
- Fully configurable via
- World maps:
- Occupancy gridmaps: input as images or MRPT binary maps (from icp-slam, rbpf-slam, etc.)
- Elevation meshes.
- Vehicle models:
- Differential driven (2 & 4 wheel drive).
- Ackermann steering (kinematic & dynamic steering, different mechanical drive models).
- Ackermann steering with mechanical differentials of full grade.
- Laser scanners: Robots see each other, their own bodies, etc.
- RGB cameras
- Depth cameras
- Interface to vehicles: Choose among:
- Raw access to forces and motor torques.
- Twist commands (using internal controllers).