|CI status||No Continuous Integration|
|Tags||No category tags.|
Help Wanted (0)
Good First Issues (0)
Pull Requests to Review (0)
!! WARNING !!
This repository is deprecated!! Please see hrpsys-base!!
An OpenRTM-aist-based robot controller. This package is the most tailored for humanoid (dual-arm and/or biped) robots for historical reason.
How to release new version
As a 3rd party package to ROS we need some extra chores to release. Discussed here. NOTE for 2 different repositories are involved:
- Send a pull request to fkanehiro/hrpsys-base to update a tag in CMakeLists.txt. Example. This way community will decide if we're ready for the next release.
- Update start-jsk/hrpsys/Makefile.hrpsys-base BEFORE the subsequent steps (otherwise the automation script below won't produce a valid result). Example2.
- Update start-jsk/hrpsys/CHANGELOG.rst by the following steps.
3-1. Use this script [generate_changelog_upstream_] to copy commit messages from upstream
fkanehiro/hrpsys-base. A file should be created under
3-2. Summarize commit messages into user-meaningful content (discussion).
3-3. To include updates in ROS repository (start-jsk/hrpsys), add change logs into the one created in 3-2 by following.
3-3-1. Generate changelog by a command from `catkin`: :: $ roscd hrpsys $ catkin_generate_changelog 3-3-2. Open a generated/updated `CHANGELOG.rst` file. Then manually merge with the artifact from 3-1.
- After here follow the normal release manner: Send pull requests for the change above (step 2 and 3). Update tags and
Notice that we're sending pull requests to two different repositories; one is the source upstream repository that isn't ROS-dependent, another repository is used to release a DEB using ROS infrastructure.
Generate changelog from the upstream
hrpsys consists of resources from two repositories as noted in package.xml. Particularly we need to generate changelog from the upstream repository, which is not covered by a convenient tool in ROS called
catkin_generate_changelog (that only takes care of the catkin packages, like
start-jsk/hrpsys (where you are now)). For that purpose our custom script create_changelog.sh helps you. To use it:
- Clone this repository into your catkin workspace if you haven't done so:
$ cd %CATKIN_WORKSPACE% && cd src $ git clone https://github.com/start-jsk/hrpsys.git
$ cd %CATKIN_WORKSPACE% $ catkin_make (this takes minutes depending on your machine power and internet connection) $ source devel/setup.bash
- Run the command
$ rosrun hrpsys create_changelog.sh