conman_ros package from conman repoconman conman_blocks conman_examples conman_msgs conman_ros rqt_conman rtt_conman_msgs
|Tags||No category tags.|
- Jonathan Bohren
Conman ROS Interfaces
This package provides interfaces to interact with Conman Schemes over ROS. These interfaces include an RTT service which provides the following:
- Connection of Scheme operations to ROS services
- A ROS topic with status information
- A ros_control-compatible controller switching API
Note that individual blocks in the scheme may have their own ROS interfaces in addition to the one for the scheme.
Conman ROS API
Conman ros_control-Compatible ROS API
Conman also provides an API using the same messages and services used by the ros_control controller manager.
- This contains the same information as it does in ros_control, but for each block in the Schame.
- This contains only the "name", "state", and "type" values for each block in the Scheme.
Only the services which are required for starting and stopping controllers, and adding and removing them from the system. The services which are specific to the plugin interface for ros_control are not provided. For loading libraries, it is preferred that Orocos Ops script be used. Note that while ros_control allows loading of plugins via ROS services, the mappings between controller names and the controller types must still be put on the parameter server somehow.
- List all block names.
- Maps directly to Scheme::switchBlocks with controller names correspond to block names.
- Adds a peer of the Scheme to the Scheme by name. This is equivalent to calling Scheme::addBlock with a block name.
- Removes a block from the Scheme by name. This is equivalent to calling Scheme::removeBlock with a block name.